Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Best option for a hybrid


I've seen many attempts at a hybrid 3D printer and CnC. This one is the best I've seen. It can cut, plasma cut, extrude and much much more. I've been watching this build since the beginning and it looks promising. I must admit I have not seen the cold and hot end but with a master designer like this I'm thinking I will be surprised. This is the best of the best. Estimated build costs reach about $4,000 which really wouldn't be a bad cost for just a quality CnC. This is definitely for the big boys. The estimated build cost does not include heated bed, extruded or mount. He is also selling some kits at cost to get the ball rolling on future development of the Platform. For further information check out the Platform CnC page. He also offers a basic MDF CnC plans for an earlier design. I also have further information that you can not find on his site. If you have further questions or build photo needs feel free to get a hold of me. Here's a link to the Platform page

No comments:

Post a Comment