Saturday, February 23, 2013

RepRap Squad's Next Project

RepRap Squad's 5 axis build

The next project We will be undertaking is a 5 axis 3D printer.  5 Axis you say? Yup 3 of the axis will be mounted to the z axis. This will give us the ability to print just about anything. Several years of research has gone into this project. A man only known as Rap has dedicated hundreds if not thousands of hours on this project alone.  We are only limited by our imaginations. At RepRap Squad we are always trying to push the limits of what is possible.  Innovation is the key to building the ultimate machine. I cant wait to get started.  If you have any ideas or input feel free to share. Once We have gotten together a workable model it will be all open source.  I will update this post with new research as well as a build log when We get started. My trip to Arizona is going great. Its good to see Rap and work on the new 5 Axis RepRap project. The work he is doing down here is amazing and I'm glad he's a part of RepRap Squad. He has the start of several working bots. A lot of his work history is on the design and implementation of 5 axis CNC's as well as extruded design. He is on the cutting edge of the new commercial machining. He also gave me some sketched up models he is basing his working models from. I will post all new information I have as soon as I am back in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment